I am a quiet person, so when I get to a taxi, I spend the whole trip to work thinking about work, or planning things to do for the day. This means I don't say anything at all, which in turn makes the taxi driver starts his own subject. The subject(s) I have to listen to could be one of the following:
- The checkpoints in the streets do nothing. You only get traffic jams, and the explosions happens every day.
- The government is corrupt ... blah blah blah.
- Have you seen the politician ... blah blah blah
- What has been happening in Iraq is a conspiracy done by ... blah blah blah
Basically every taxi driver is an expert on the subject of politics and you have to listen to him whether you like it or not. I don't mind people expressing their opinion on things, but I am
- So fed up with such subjects.
- Paid money for the ride only, not to listen to others.
- Don't care about other people opinions regarding politics simply because they come with nothing new or interesting, beside talking does nothing at all.
- It is all a waste of energy.
If you are from a different country could you tell me what is your experience when riding a taxi?